The Secret to Life is Just One Thing. Is Man’s power to think is infinite. Consequently his creative power is unlimited. We know that thought is building for us the thing we think of and actually bringing it nearer, yet we find it difficult to banish fear, anxiety, or discouragement, all of which are powerful thought forces and which continually send the things we desire further …
In Week Twelve of the Master Key System, Charles F. Haanel writes that …
[T]he time and thought which most persons waste in aimless effort would accomplish wonders if properly directed with some special object in view.
- Are you the constant flitterer, jumping from one goal to another?
- Do you have one plan today then another the next?
- Do you approach life in a happy-go-lucky kind of way?
- Is your vision for your future fuzzy? vague? non-existent?
If so, then let’s review points #1-9 of Week Twelve in the Master Key System.
YOU HAVE UNLIMITED POWER TO SELECT ONE THING-MAJOR DEFINITE PURPOSE
1. There is no purpose in life that cannot be best accomplished through a scientific understanding of the creative power of thought.
2. The power to think is common to all. Man is because he thinks. Man’s power to think is infinite, consequently his creative power is unlimited.
3. We know that thought is building for us the thing we think of and actually bringing it nearer, yet we find it difficult to banish fear, anxiety, or discouragement, all of which are powerful thought forces and which continually send the things we desire further away, so that it is often one step forward and two steps backward.
4. The only way to keep from going backward is to keep going forward. Eternal vigilance is the price of success. There are three steps, and each one is absolutely essential. You must first have the knowledge of your power; second, the courage to dare; third, the faith to do.
5. With this as a basis you can construct an ideal business, an ideal home, ideal friends, ideal environment. You are not restricted as to material or cost. Thought is omnipotent and has the power to draw on the Infinite bank of primary substance for all that it requires. Infinite resources are therefore at your command.
6. But your ideal must be sharp, clear-cut, definite; to have one ideal today, another tomorrow, and a third next week, means to scatter your forces and accomplish nothing; your result will be a meaningless and chaotic combination of wasted material.
7. Unfortunately this is the result which many are securing, and the cause is self evident. If a sculptor started out with a piece of marble and a chisel and changed his ideal every fifteen minutes, what result could he expect? And why should you expect any different result in moulding the greatest and most plastic of all substances — the only real substance?
8. The result of this indecision and negative thought is often found in the loss of material wealth. Supposed independence which required many years of toil and effort suddenly disappears. It is often found then that money and property are not independence at all. On the contrary, the only independence is found to be a practical working knowledge of the creative power of thought.
9. This practical working method cannot come to you until you learn that the only real power which you can have is the power to adjust yourself to Divine and unchangeable principles. You cannot change the Infinite, but you can come into an understanding of Natural laws. The reward of this understanding is a conscious realization of your ability to adjust your thought faculties with the Universal Thought which is Omnipresent. Your ability to cooperate with this Omnipotence will indicate the degree of success with which you meet.
What Haanel writes in these points describes one of the “keys” to success.
It was the “secret” to which Napoleon Hill referred in his incredible book Think & Grow Rich. (2) Definiteness Of Purpose! – Napoleon Hill – YouTube
It was the main idea that The Master Key System tackles.
It’s the “secret to life” that Jack Palance imparted to Billy Crystal in the movie City Slickers. (4) City Slickers (8/11) Movie CLIP – The Secret of Life (1991) HD – YouTube
If you couldn’t watch the video, here’s what was said.
While on horseback, Jack Palance turned to Billy Crystal and asked, “Do you know what the secret to life is?”
After Billy Crystal shakes his head, Mr. Palance raised his hand and showed one finger.
“This,” said Palance. “One thing. Just one thing.”
You have to find your “one thing.”
Your one thing is that which you want to do — your one main, over-riding goal.
When you define that, when you make your choice and take a stand, then everything else will begin to fall into place. To find that “one-thing” you must…
Work for it.
Your major definite purpose is defined as the one goal that is most important to you at the moment. It is usually the one goal that will help you to achieve more of your other goals than anything else you can accomplish.
You can have multiple other goals but only one major definite purpose. We looked at what a major definite purpose is, how it works and how to make one. With this information you will be able to create your own definite chief aim and apply it to achieve your major goal.
- Do You Know Your definite purpose in life?
- What is the best way to create a major purpose?
To create your major definite purpose, follow the steps below: Determine exactly what you desire being as specific as possible. You can never have a burning desire for something vague. Wanting to be rich is vague but wanting to make a million dollars is being specific.
“This procedure in the development of a Definite Major Purpose is simple, but important, viz: (a) Write out a complete, clear and definite statement of your Major Purpose in Life, sign it and commit it to memory. Then repeat it orally at least once every day, more often if practicable.
If you would like help to find your one thing contact us.
[Formula for Getting the One Thing Most People Want].
1. There is a Thinking Stuff from which all things are made and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.
2. A thought in this substance produces the thing that is imaged by the thought.
3. A person can form things in thought, and by impressing thought upon formless substance can cause the thing thought about to be created.
4. In order to do this, a person must pass from the competitive to the creative mind; otherwise the person cannot be in harmony with the Formless Intelligence, which is always creative and never competitive in spirit.
5. A person may come into full harmony with the Formless Substance by entertaining a lively and sincere gratitude for the blessings it bestows upon him or her. Gratitude unifies the mind of humankind with the intelligence of Substance, so that human’s thoughts are received by the Formless. A person can remain upon the creative plane only by uniting the self with the Formless Intelligence through a deep and continuous feeling of gratitude.
6. A person must form a clear and definite mental image of the things desired to have, to do, or to become, and must hold this mental image in thoughts, while being deeply grateful to the Supreme that all desires are granted. The person who wishes to get and stay rich must invest leisure hours in contemplating their Vision, and in earnest thanksgiving that the reality is being given. It is vital to emphasis the importance of frequent contemplation of the desired mental image, combined with unwavering faith (steadfast confidence) and devout (sincere ever-present) gratitude. This is the process by which the impression is given to the Formless and the creative forces set in motion.
7. The creative energy works through the established channels of natural growth, and of the industrial and social order. All that is included in a mental image will surely be brought to the person who follows the instructions given above, and whose faith does not waver. What is desired will come through the ways of established trade and commerce.
8. In order to receive our own when it is ready to come to us, we each must be in action in a way that causes the self to more than fill the present place. We must keep in mind the PURPOSE to get rich through realization of our mental image. And we must do, every day, all that can be done that day, taking care to do each act in a successful manner. We must give to every person a use value in excess of the cash value that we receive, so that each transaction makes for more life. And we must hold the Advancing Thought so that the impression of increase will be communicated to all with whom we come into contact.
9. The men and women who practice the foregoing instructions will certainly get and stay forever rich in all areas. In this process, we must stay conscious to that fact that any form of wealth received will be in exact proportion to the definiteness (solidification) of our vision, the fixity (strength, stability) of our purpose, the steadiness of our faith, and the depth (saturation) of our gratitude.
A Daily Reminder
By practicing instructions in The Science of Being Rich, we gain ever more understanding of the Certain Way Of Thinking and Creative Way Of Working In Harmony With The Universal Laws, therefore we are certainly rich. In this process of getting and staying forever rich, we must stay conscious to that fact that any form of wealth received will be in exact proportion to the:
- Solidification of my vision
- Strength of my purpose,
- Steadfastness of my Faith, and
- Saturation of my Gratitude.
Mr. Wattles asserts that this book gives in detail the principles of the science of getting and being rich, and if that is true, the practioner needs to read no any other book upon the subject.
This may sound narrow and egotistical, but consider: There is no more scientific method of computation in mathematics than by addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; no other method is possible.
There can be but one shortest distance between two points. There is only one way to think scientifically, and that is to think in the way that leads by the most direct and simple route to the goal. No one has yet formulated a briefer or less complex “system” than the one set forth here. It has been stripped of all non-essentials. –
Disclaimer Our vision is to help you bring your biggest dream into reality. As stipulated by law, we cannot and do not make any guarantees about your ability to get results or earn any money with our ideas, information, tools, or strategies. Your results are completely up to you, your level of awareness, expertise, the action you take and the service you provide to others. Any testimonials, financial numbers mentioned in emails or referenced on any of our web pages should not be considered exact, actual or as a promise of potential earnings – all numbers are illustrative only, as I am sure you understand. That being said, we believe in you and we are here to support you in making the changes you want for your life and giving you methods, strategies, and ideas that will help move you in the direction of your dream.
© Copyright 2021 – Michael Kissinger – All Rights Reserved