What Do You Want?
What question could be more basic—or more imperative—to answer?
Recent scientific research has proven that your physical health, life, career, business or emotional wellbeing are inextricably linked to your beliefs and habits. Your beliefs and habits not only shape your perception of the truth, they also have an impact on every aspect of your life— from how your cells function, to how you function in relationships to your career or business.
The surest way to transform your body, your mind, and your life is by identifying and changing the habits or beliefs that aren’t helping you live the healthy, happy, enriched life you want to live. Recent scientific research has proven that your physical health, life, career, business or emotional well-being are inextricably linked to your habits or beliefs.
Your habits and beliefs not only shape your perception of the truth; they also have an impact on every aspect of your life, from how your cells function, to how you function in relationships, etc.
The surest way to transform your body, your mind, and your life is by identifying and changing the habits or beliefs that aren’t helping you live the healthy, happy, enriched life you want to live.
From publishing a bestselling book to getting married to taking our next breath, the narratives of our lives are driven ultimately by the habits or beliefs or desires we feel. But as simple as the question may be, identifying the answer is often anything but.
Research suggests that our conscious minds aren’t so much in charge of the habits or decisions we make as they are great rationalizers of them. Which means they often collude with our unconscious minds to craft stories about why we do things and even why we feel things that are just blatantly untrue.
We often have far more invested in seeing ourselves as virtuous, noble, fair-minded, and good than we do in recognizing the truth: that we often want things and therefore do things that make us base, selfish, self-righteous, or unjust.
This Special Report shows you how to recognize the impact your habits or beliefs have on your life, career or business. The important thing is to know where any given belief or habit comes from and understand how and why you internalized it, especially if it’s a belief or habit you want to change.
You also need to recognize those beliefs or habits you’ve been suppressing or ignoring, beliefs that have become habits or beliefs that are preventing you from getting the most out of your life, career or business.
Through the MKS Master Key System Coaching Challenge and Process, you’ll discover and determine what you need, or whether your habits or beliefs should be cherished or discarded.
You’ll learn practical skills that have the potential to transform your life, career or business for the better, but only if you are willing to let them. That’s because your beliefs or habits are yours.
Other people can’t make you believe something; they simply provide the information you use to create the belief.
That’s why you, and only you, can change a habit or belief that might be keeping you from achieving the quality of life, career or business you are seeking.
This MKS Master Key System Coaching Program, along with the workbooks, pamphlets and videos, will be your guide. It Works! The Famous Little Red Book that Makes your Dream Come True. by RH Jarrett ()
You don’t have to wait. Begin the process right now by identifying an area of your habits, life, career or business you would like to change, and then use the MKS Master Key System Coaching Program to change your life, career or business!
You May Not Know What You Want or How to Get It
Or, Even More Commonly, You May Not Know Why You Want It
Though we all feel as if we have a uniquely accurate perspective on our own thought processes, sometimes we have even less clear a picture of our true selves than those around us, whose vision isn’t as obscured by the positive bias with which we unconsciously can’t help viewing ourselves.
Sometimes, on the other hand, our desires our so intense, so raw, and simultaneously so seemingly unattainable that we ache with even the thought of them.
Sometimes desires are so intense they possess us and unbalance us, causing us to behave in ways we find abhorrent, but that we seem somehow powerless to avoid.
And sometimes our deepest desires reflect our deepest pain: we want our parents’ love, long denied us; to have a dead parent back with us; to be healthy again; to accomplish something; to be important or remembered.
All these desires, whether consciously apprehended or not, are the true drivers of our behavior. Thus, if we’re genuinely interested in self-improvement, we can’t be satisfied with the easy answers our conscious minds often feed us for why we do the things we do.
Rather, we need to consciously acknowledge what we really want, whether something we’re unlikely to be able to get, something we’re ashamed of wanting or think we shouldn’t want, or something that strikes us as irrational to want.
In Metaphysics, one of the concept of “earthly desires are enlightenment” which teaches that when we pursue our desires real value accrues not just from attaining them but also from the wisdom we gain in the process.
Climbing a mountain may fill us with a grand sense of accomplishment, for example, but such a feeling will eventually diminish or even fade away entirely as new challenges in our daily lives continue to confront us.
But the ability to challenge and overcome our desire to give up when we’re in pain is a lesson that will never leave us for a moment and ultimately serve us far more than even the joy of accomplishing the goal that taught it to us.
Thus, no desire (that is, as long as it doesn’t involve intended harm to oneself or others) is entirely without merit, even the ones we wish we didn’t feel. All have the potential to teach us something important.
This, then, is what I want: I want my wife to be happy and safe. I want my wife’s business to succeed beyond her wildest dreams. I want my upcoming book to become a bestseller; I want it to educate and entertain readers; I want them to find their lives improving as a result of having read it.
I want my day job to be easier. I want people to be nicer to one another. I want politicians to be honest. I want to live until I’m ready to die. And I want—I want desperately—to know how it all works: What causes consciousness? What happens when our lives end? Is the Universe truly infinite? How did it start?
Pausing to ask yourself just what exactly you want—not what you think you should want or what others want you to want or want for you—without judgment can often be a surprisingly emotional exercise, but it’s an exercise by which I think we’d all be well served.
So we invite you to read this article and discover the World’s Greatest Discovery.
What, in your opinion, is the most significant discovery of this modern age?
Is it the finding of dinosaur eggs on the plains of Mongolia, laid — so scientists assert — some 10,000,000 years ago? The unearthing of the Tomb of Tutankh-Amen, with its matchless specimens of a bygone civilization? The radioactive time clock by which Professor Lane of Tufts College estimates the age of the earth at 1,250,000,000 years? Wireless? The Aeroplane? Man-made thunderbolts? No — not any of these.
The really significant thing about them is that from all this vast research, from the study of all these bygone ages, men are for the first time beginning to get an understanding of that “Life Principle” which — somehow, some way — was brought to this earth thousands or millions of years ago. They are beginning to get an inkling of the infinite power it puts in their hands — to glimpse the untold possibilities it opens up.
“Life Principle” is the greatest discovery of modern times — that every man can call upon this “Life Principle” at will, that it is as much the servant of his mind as was ever Aladdin’s fabled “genie-of-the-lamp” of old; that he has but to understand the “Life Principle” and work in harmony with it to get from it anything he may need — health or happiness, riches or success.
Review this article and then tell us how your desires strike you when they’re staring back at you in print. You just might find yourself surprised by what you write.
The Top Ten Things Most People Want
- Personal Freedom
- Peace of Mind
- Do you know you can think and grow rich? Really?
- Do you want to wake up eager to start your day?
- Do you want to do or have something you truly love?
- Are you interested in making an incredible living while also helping others enjoy more fulfilling lives?
What is your major definite life purpose?
It must be something that you personally really want. Your desire for this goal must be so intense that the very idea of achieving your major definite purpose excites you and makes you happy. It must be clear and specific. You must be able to define it in words.
To find your definite chief aims repeat the daily reading of your major definite purpose until you start taking consistent daily action that moves you towards your end goal in life, career or business. Every day, if you are doing something that moves you towards your goal, your definite chief aim has become part of your identity.
Yes, you can think and act your way to results. Tell us which of these areas in your life or business or career you want or need help with.
- Alternative Wellness
- Healthy Living
- Mind & Body
- Mind Tech
- Personal Development
- Skill Building
- Sales Training
- Spiritual Growth
- Wealth Building
It important to have a definite purpose because most people live their lives passively taking anything that comes their way.
Creating a definite chief aim or purpose is a way to trick your subconscious into having the right mental process to achieve your life goals. Your major definite purpose is a very specific statement which has the power to influence your subconscious mind all the days of your life.
If you are wondering how that’s possible review this article carefully and call Michael at 650-515-7545.
Before you read more from this article know…
Suspend your disbelief for a minute and hear us out. Because what you are about to learn… may be the missing link to accomplishing your desires for:
- Business or Career
- Physical Health
- Absolute Happiness
- Amazing Wealth
- Magical True Love
- An Abundant Life
- Achievement of Your Ultimate Goals
- Optimum Health
- Ultimate Career Success
- Gain Amazing Self-Confidence
Which one of these dreams do you want in the next 1 year, 3 years or 5 years?
ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS TO GET WHAT YOU WANT
Ask yourself, “What do I want in life? Do I have a cherished goal or ambition? What am I willing to give my life for?“
A good job, a fancy car, a nice house? Whether you’re looking to get what you want out of your career or achieve your dreams, if you aim high and work hard, you can get there. You will have to form a clear plan, act, and show commitment, discipline, and a sense of purpose. We’ll teach you how to get started. The Magic of Thinking Big| David Schwartz Audiobook
Life In General
Let’s start with a few yes/no questions to assess how you feel. Like all the questions in this article, I answer them in my journal. I have simply made a note in my note-taking app with these 21 questions.
A few times a month, I open the note and look at the questions (I have added the note to my shortcuts in Evernote so I’m frequently reminded by the questions). I randomly answer a few at a time. I challenge you to use it in the same way. But you can also answer everything chronologically if you prefer.
1. Am I happy?
2. Am I grateful?
3. Do I like my job?
4. Do I feel good?
5. Do I spend enough time on my education?
The reason why these quick questions are important is that you want to adjust your strategy if you answer no to anyone of them.
Often, we go through life unhappy, ungrateful, and feeling bad for way too long. If something is wrong in your life, acknowledge it quickly, and then find a solution.
These questions are not only about yourself. When you’re happy and in a good mood, you can lift the spirits of the people in your life. That’s why I focus on fixing my own happiness first. Otherwise, you can’t make your spouse, family, or others happy.
See those first five questions as a quick assessment. Be honest. There’s no one to impress. Think about how you feel.
Recently I read a comment from someone who said that people who think about themselves are selfish — and that we get a selfish world if everyone behaves that way. That’s a very limited and ignorant perspective.
When you take care of yourself and make sure you’re happy, you’ll have a good life. You won’t be jealous of others. You’ll smile every day. And most importantly, you’ll have the resources and time to help others.
That’s how the world works. Success breeds success. Misery breeds misery.
Let’s move to an important area of our lives. You spend most of your waking hours at work. So it’s crucial that you get satisfaction from it.
In fact, doing work that you enjoy is more important than “hygiene” factors like income, job safety, resources, location, etc. It’s one of the lessons I’ve learned from Clayton Christensen’s book, How Will You Measure Your Life?
That’s why I regularly ask myself:
6. What new things am I learning? This is the most important thing for me. When I learn, I feel like I’m moving forward. When I’m moving forward, I feel good.
7. Where is my career going? You need a vision. If you don’t have one — create one.
8. How meaningful is my work? I want to feel satisfied with my work at the end of the day.
9. What can I do that I’m currently not doing? I’m always looking for things to do around the office and at home. That’s how you learn new things.
10. How can I get better at what I do? When you get better at what you do, you can make a bigger impact and solve bigger problems. That gives you more satisfaction. And also more income.
As an entrepreneur, I need to take care of my business. Without it, there will be no income and no money to pay our team.
Sure, you can raise capital or take out a loan. But I believe that you should always be able to make money as a business.
It’s simple: If your business doesn’t generate money, it’s not a business — it’s a hobby.
To make sure we generate income, we ask:
11. What is the biggest pain point that our clients/customers have? We only solve actual problems that other people or businesses have.
12. What is the ideal solution in the eyes of our clients/customers? Give people what they truly want.
13. How can we give away more value without charging more? Over-deliver.
14. Where can we reach our potential clients/customers? Go where your audience is instead of trying it the other way around.
15. How can we decrease our costs? We always operate our business with low costs. We negotiate prices of everything — even simple things like office supplies. That’s better for us and our customers.
All the above things sound great on paper, right? But they are nothing without execution. You and I both know that.
But there’s still a difference between how effective we are. That comes down to one thing: How GOOD are you at executing?
These questions can help you to figure that out:
16. What’s my #1 priority right now?
17. How can I achieve my #1 priority faster? It’s not about being impatient. It’s about pushing yourself to think of creative ways to get faster results.
18. What tasks should I stop doing? We all waste of time. Identify those tasks and stop doing them.
19. What tasks am I procrastinating? Use the time you’re saving by answering the previous question for this. We all avoid important tasks — things that we should be doing. Things that we avoid.
20. What questions am I not asking myself? There are a lot of things in the universe that we don’t know. So always try to look for the unknown. Keep an open mind.
There are a lot of questions that I’m not asking myself. That’s why I will keep questioning everything — all the time.
One thing I do know is that life has more meaning when you give more. That’s why I want to close with this:
21. How can I help one person today?
A simple gesture is enough. Give your family member a call. Cheer your friend up. Start by helping the people in your life. And then ask them to pay it forward.
You see, it all starts with questions. Just don’t be surprised if you receive everything you ask for like Maya Angelou once said:
Use The Success Formula to Get What You Want
The method by which DESIRE for riches can be transmuted into its financial equivalent, consists of six definite, practical steps, viz:
- First. Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say “I want plenty of money.” Be definite as to the amount. (There is a psychological reason for definiteness which will be described in a subsequent chapter).
- Second. Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. (There is no such reality as “something for nothing.)
- Third. Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
- Fourth. Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
- Fifth. Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
- Sixth. Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after arising in the morning.
SEE, FEEL AND BELIEVE YOURSELF ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF THE MONEY OR WHAT YOU WANT
It is important that you follow the instructions described in these six steps. It is especially important that you observe, and follow the instructions in the sixth paragraph. You may complain that it is impossible for you to “see yourself in possession of money” before you actually have it.
Here is where a BURNING DESIRE will come to your aid. If you truly DESIRE money so keenly that your desire is an obsession, you will have no difficulty in convincing yourself that you will acquire it.
The object is to want money, and to become so determined to have it that you CONVINCE yourself you will have it.
To the uninitiated, who has not been schooled in the working principles of the human mind, these instructions may appear impractical. It may be helpful, to all who fail to recognize the soundness of the six steps, to know that the information they convey, was received from Andrew Carnegie, who began as an ordinary laborer in the steel mills, but managed, despite his humble beginning, to make these principles yield him a fortune of considerably more than one hundred million dollars. Napoleon Hill
Apply these 13 Steps to Get What You Want
“What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
1. Desire: You have to want it.
Prosperous individuals have to have a burning desire, a strong desire for success. They dream, hope, and plan for success long before they experience it. They did more than want wealth to accumulate in their bank accounts – they expected it.
“Wishing will not bring riches”. “But desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches.
2. Faith: Believe that you can achieve your goal.
Growing rich begins with a positive mindset. Faith in one’s ability to attract wealth is a necessary requirement to attracting it.
“Riches begin in the form of thought!”. “The amount is limited only by the person in whose mind the thought is put into motion. Faith removes limitations!
3. Auto-suggestion: Use affirmations to reach your goal.
The success you want transforms into your reality when you fill your subconscious mind with positive phrases and mantras that reflect your goals. “You have to repeat out loud what it is that you want and how you plan to get it so you become obsessed with your purpose.”
Your ability to use the principle of auto-suggestion will depend, very largely, upon your capacity to concentrate upon a given desire until that desire becomes a burning obsession.
4. Specialized knowledge: Gain experiences and continue learning.
Knowledge is power, but only when individuals apply what they learn to solve problems in their daily lives. Successful men and women are committed to lifelong learning. This is particularly important in this technological era where new information constantly changes.
5. Imagination: Be open to new ideas and visualize your success.
Visualization allows you to imagine a desired outcome or what you want to see manifested in your life. This practice allows you to “see” yourself experiencing success through the power of imagination.
Visualization is a mental rehearsal of success; it is a technique of performance improvement consistently supported by scientific evidence and used by many successful people across professions. If you can imagine it, you can create it.
6. Organized Planning: Take action.
The process of visualization allows you to imagine the success you want to experience, but you will not experience it until you relentlessly do the work to transform what you want into reality.
“Opportunity has spread its wares before you,”. “Step up to the front, select what you want, create your plan, put the plan into action, and follow through with persistence.”
7. Decision: Defeat procrastination with decisiveness.
Successful people do not procrastinate. They know what they want – and they get what they want because they are decisive. “Decisiveness is not just a trait of the wealthy, but one of the most important qualities a leader needs to possess.”
People who fail to accumulate money, without exception, have the habit of reaching decisions, if at all, very slowly, and of changing these decisions quickly and often.
8. Persistence: Don’t stop until you get what you want.
Persistence demands will power. Successful men and women believe challenges are important directional arrows that lead them closer to their goals. They are not distracted by set-backs and disappointments.
“Riches do not respond to wishes.” “They respond only to definite plans, backed by definite desires, through constant persistence.”
9. Power of the Mastermind: Surround yourself with successful people.
The most successful people surround themselves with talented friends and colleagues who share their vision. The alignment of several smart and creative minds is exponentially more powerful than one.
A Mastermind group is “a friendly alliance with one or more persons who will encourage one to follow through with both plan and purpose.”
Members of Mastermind groups challenge one another to set individual and collective goals. They hold one another to be accountable. Participation in a Mastermind group requires commitment, confidentiality, openness to input from others, honesty, and respect.
Find a compatible group of individuals who share your passion and your desire to experience success. Jack Canfield offers a wonderful Mastermind Planning Guide if you want to form your own Mastermind group.
10. The Mystery of Sex Transmutation: Choose a compatible partner.
There is a direct relationship between success in one’s career and a relationship with a supportive partner. Although we can certainly experience success outside of a partnership with another person, our lives are enriched through relationships. It is important to find a compatible partner who shares your desire and passion.
11. The Subconscious Mind: Master positivity and dismiss negative emotions.
It is impossible for positive and negative emotions to occupy the same space in your mind at the same time. Your thoughts attract the kind of reality you want to experience in your life.
“If you truly want to be rich, you have to plant that desire, and then your plan, into your subconscious mind.” The subconscious mind will not remain idle for long.
Be mindful of the thoughts you choose to think. The process of positive thought invites positive change and new opportunities into your life.
12. The Brain: Associate with other successful people and learn from them.
It’s been said that we are the product of the most five important relationships in our lives. We tend to share the same beliefs, values, and principles with those we spend the most time.
We encourage you to use the members within your network or Mastermind group to find solutions to brainstorm ideas and find solutions to problems. This is “blending of several minds into one.”
13. The Sixth Sense: Trust your instincts.
“The final principle — the “sixth sense” — occurs only after you’ve mastered the other 12 principles.”
As you develop the habits of successful men and women, you will master a positive mind set and more productive habits. You will more fully trust your instincts and decision-making skills.
“Through the aid of the sixth sense, “you will be warned of impending dangers in time to avoid them, and notified of opportunities in time to embrace them.” The knowledge, skills, and experiences you gain will add to your seasoned wisdom.
Continue to network with those who support you and your vision. Be open to learning new information. Look for resources that will help you refine your skills.
Passion fuels dreams. Commitment fuels action. Get clear about what you want to do and why you want to do it. Allow time to regularly reevaluate and refine your goals. And, most importantly, commit to the work of pursuing the life you want. Take action. Your time is now!
Planning to Get What You Want
Part1: Craft a Plan to Get What You Want
- Assess your wants and desires. The first step is to know what you want in life. We’re not just talking about material objects but goals, achievements, and feelings. Look inside and ask yourself what it is that you most desire.
- Ask what it is that you want in life and what is most important to you. Try writing down your answers as they come, without assessing them.
- Be as specific as possible in your stating what you want. “I want a lot of money” is a start, but “I want to be financially secure and retire by age 50” is more specific and better.
- Are your desires achievable? Are they realistic? Are they about you? They will need to be. You might have a good job, but can you manage to retire early? How would you do so?
2. Focus on what is most important and attainable. Let’s be real: you probably cannot achieve everything that you want in life. Cars, clothes, fabulous riches, luxuries – it would simply take too much effort and divide your energies. Focus on what is most important to you, giving that your full effort.
- Look again at your list of wants and desires and reassess it. What is at the top? Is your desire for financial security and to retire early really what you want most out of life?
- Ask yourself again whether it is doable. Are you sure that you can manage this goal or are you simply setting yourself up for failure?
- Try to be realistic and open-minded. Don’t embark on an overly ambitious dream if you doubt that it can be done.
3. Set a long-term goal. Having a long-term goal will give focus to your ambitions, give you a sense of purpose, and make you aware of possible obstacles. For instance, where and how to you envision your life in the future? What lifestyle do you expect? What things to do want to do?
- Identify a long-term goal. Try, again, writing it down and be as specific as possible. “I want to retire at 50” is not as specific and achievable as a goal as saying “I want to be debt-free, own my own home, and be able to retire at 50 on an annual income of at least $50,000.” The latter sets concrete benchmarks for success.
- Start to brainstorm pathways to success. How can you get there? What sort of job will you need? How much will you need to save every year?
4 Formulate a plan. A long-term goal needs long-term vision. You will have to have a clear idea of how you want to get from Point A in your life to Point B, keeping in mind that you might have to take unexpected detours through Points C and D. You will also need a timetable and benchmarks.
- Consider breaking up your ambition into smaller parts. This will make the plan less daunting and help to keep you motivated, working toward smaller, incremental goals.
- Be specific again about timelines and what you want to achieve within a given time. For example, rather than just saying “Retire at 50,” think in terms of “By age 30 I want to have $200,000 in stable and growing investments. By age 40 I want to be 75% of the way to my financial goal.” Ambitious? Yes, but concrete.
- You can even break steps into sub-steps, each with its own plan. For example, how do you intend to invest $200,000 before age 30? You’ll need to set aside enough money, talk to a financial adviser, and develop an investment plan.
Part 2: Carrying Out Your Plan to Get What You Want
- Put your plan into action. Now is the time to take the first step. Put the plan into action. Consult with people who can help you, find resources, and begin to work toward your long-term goal. It is all up to you now.
- Seek expert help. For instance, if you’re interested in getting in shape, talk to a personal trainer. If your goal is financial, talk to a financial adviser.
- Inform yourself and utilize resources. You can teach yourself a lot about investment, for example, through personal research or by taking a financial planning course.
- Most importantly, be proactive. Your goals will not come true through wishful thinking.
2. Develop willpower. Stay focused on your long-term vision. You may have to make some sacrifices on the way, and for this you will need to discipline – willpower. Willpower is the ability to resist short-term temptations in order to achieve larger goals. You practice it by going to the gym when you feel like sleeping in or by doing an extra hour of work while your favorite show is on.
- Cultivate discipline. Studies show that students, for example, who exhibit more willpower generally perform better. Avoid procrastination, as well, as you are prioritizing short-term satisfaction.
- Get into a routine that helps you make progress toward your desires. For example, it will be easier to be physically healthy if you stick to an exercise schedule. If your goals are financial, sticking to a budget can do the same.
- Develop habits that keep you on track while avoiding ones that derail your progress. For example, avoid going to the mall if you tend to make impulsive purchases. Make a habit of immediately depositing part of each paycheck so that you can meet your savings goals.
3. Keep an eye on progress. As you work toward your dreams and aspirations, keep an eye on how things are going. Have you met benchmarks? Are you still following your timeline? What short-term goals have you met? Recognizing how far you have come is important to carrying out your plan and to staying motivated.
- For one thing, taking stock of progress will allow you to make necessary adjustments. What if you failed to meet one of your benchmarks? You tried hard but only saved $100,000 by age 30. You might need to tweak your long-term goal, either by moving retirement age back or by committing to save more.
- You may find that your plan needs to be changed. Maybe your original goal was too ambitious. A house, insurance, and a family cost more than you ever planned and might mean that an early retirement is impractical.
- Progress is also a very powerful motivator. By seeing how far you have moved toward a short-term or long-term goal, you will normally get a mental boost.
4. Celebrate little wins. The road to your dream in life will be long. As you trace your progress, take pride in passing all the milestones. Celebrate when you meet short-term or long-term goals and you should find yourself refreshed and re-energized.
- Recognize what you have accomplished by pausing, reflecting, and treating yourself. Did you finally run a full marathon? This calls for a toast! Or perhaps you got a long-desired promotion? Go out for a special dinner in celebration.
- These small wins show progress. They show you moving slowly but steadily toward your desire, which will help you to stay focused on the long-term.
Part 3: Overcoming Obstacles To Get What You Want
- Identify obstacles as they arise. Reviewing your progress should make you aware of any minor or major obstacles to meeting your long-term goals. What’s important to realize what the underlying cause is and to address it. Inaction will only set back your efforts.
- Try to get to the bottom of any issues. What is the cause? Be honest with yourself. Say that you have not been saving enough. Is it an income issue – are you not making enough money? Or are you spending too much? Maybe it is an issue of time, and you need to put in more hours.
- Resolve to do what it takes to accomplish your goals. If you are facing a major obstacle, re-evaluate your plan and try to adjust.
- Some things are beyond our control. You may face illness, job trouble, or family issues that hamper your long-term vision. Focus instead on what you can control.
2. Be adaptable. There is a good chance that you’ll have setbacks on the road to your dreams. While discouraging, you shouldn’t let this derail you. It is important to be flexible and to adjust. Adaptable people are able to take control, find alternatives, and to move past setbacks.
- First of all, don’t panic. Failure may be difficult but it is not the end of the world. Remember to have reasonable expectations and try to look for the opportunities that arise from a setback.
- Adjust accordingly. Say that your original dream did not pan out. You don’t have enough money to retire early at 50. But can you compromise? Can you work part-time for ten or fifteen more years, saving more money? By then you’ll still be well-off and at a normal retirement age.
- Keeping a backup plan is a good idea. Hopefully you will have worked out different scenarios and tried to anticipate setbacks. Having a clear Plan B in place is smart. Can you continue to work? Will a career change help you to meet your goal?
3. Learn from failures. Consider a setback a way to learn. Highly motivated people are able to use failures to learn, to adjust, to grow, and to move forward. Try to do likewise and to take the most out of your setbacks.
- Assess what went wrong. Look first at your planning. Did you not anticipate an obstacle? Did you not give yourself enough time? Was it a failure on your part or something outside of your control?
- Look at your preparation. Say that you lost ground on your financial planning because you had to dip into your investments because of an emergency. Was this setback unavoidable? Or did you not have enough of an emergency fund set aside?
- Evaluate your execution. Try to honestly judge your effort. Was it consistent? Did you take missteps or did the setback have to do with external factors?
- After you have assessed your effort, try to use what you have learned from it. Going forward, make sure not to repeat the same errors or to anticipate similar problems.
Part 4: USE THE MKS MASTER KEY SYSTEM COACHING TO GET WHAT YOU WANT
Whether you’ve had a family business that has been going for years or you’re just starting in construction, business consulting may not be the first thing you think of when looking at how to build a successful business.
The main responsibility of a business coach is to motivate an individual or an entire team. Coaches are focused on improving your business performance or skills of you or your team by conducting training sessions, coordinating practice drills, and providing guidance.
Our work is conducted both in and out of your office. Coaches are sometimes tasked with a variety of activities to meet profit, cost reduction or management goals.
Selecting a coach may be the smartest business decision you ever make. The right business consultant or coach can bring business tips and ideas for growing your business that you may have never thought of.
Part 5: Complete Your FREE Discovery Assessment to Get What You Want
- Get clear on the issues that created the problem. What really needs correcting here?
- Get clear on everyone’s interests. This will help prioritize the resolution.
- List all possible solutions. Get creative and brainstorm every conceivable outcome.
- Evaluate the possible solutions. Sometimes a simple mark out of ten helps.
- Select the best option.
- Write down the best solution with all the details and implications.
- Make contingency plans. Any change will probably produce a knock-on effect elsewhere. Be sure to have it considered, if not covered!
- Contact us if you need any help in solving your construction business problems.
COMPLETE YOUR 21ST CENTURY BUSINESS ASSESSMENT
- First. Fix in your mind the exact problem you want eliminated. It is not sufficient merely to say “I want plenty of….. “Be definite as to what you want. (There is a psychological reason for definiteness which will be described in a subsequent chapter).
- Second. Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for what you want and what you desire. (There is no such reality as “something for nothing.)
- Third. Establish a definite date when you intend to possess what you want and what you desire.
- Fourth. Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
- Fifth. Write out a clear, concise statement of what you want or the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
- Sixth. Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after arising in the morning.
Problem solving doesn’t always follow a step by step process so be prepared to jump around the points. This process can be very helpful during a company meeting or a site meeting. Take these steps and formula with you and get other’s input.
In a Nutshell: You CAN solve or eliminate the problem. Go through the formula and steps, with others if possible, and make a note of your solutions.
Additional Take-Away: There’s an important trend developing in some construction companies, they are recording problems and how they get solved so there’s a searchable system in place for the next time that problem arises. There’s no reason to reinvent the wheel each time there’s a problem, so why not start your own in-house system?
Most of our clients double their income or business revenue within 12-18 months, using our Challenge Assessments and MKS Master Key System Coaching Programs!
Most of our clients double their business revenue within 12-18 months, while working less hours. We train you, the owner, with our proven programs, how to run a successful and profitable business, while still having time to enjoy your life.
Your industry is quite old and has been through a lot. Some of the problems are extremely old; others have become more prominent in recent years and were not a problem before.
With so many challenges and conflicts facing your industry, it is nearly impossible to overcome most of them on your own. Investing in business coaching you will undoubtedly find your efficiency going up. For Example:
Eliminate New Struggles
If you’re starting a new business, there may be challenges you have to face that you may not have anticipated, everything from finding the right vendors for your materials, to acquiring funding, to putting together the right team and finding the right ways to manage them. We has the experience to help you with all of these issues.
Eliminate Team Struggles
A team is only as strong as its weakest link, and how you deploy your people is an important factor in how successful your efforts can be. We can assess the strengths and weaknesses of all the members of your team and help you make sure you have everyone in the right place working the right job so that you can optimize your efforts.
Eliminate Marketing Struggles
There was a time when great work would speak for itself, but in the digital age and with rising competition, you need to be able to do more. Knowing how to advertise a business is critical. If your website isn’t performing or if you can do more with your social media pages, our experts can let you know and help you get the most out of your marketing efforts.
PART 6: How We Work to With You to Get What You Want
30+ Years of Experience Helping Businesses Across America and Eliminating Nightmares in All Aspects of Business
Step 1: 30 Min Call (FREE)
- Call us for a free 30-min consultation.
- Discuss your business issues and get expert feedback to address your problems.
- If your business is a good fit we will invite you to proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Strategy Session Call (FREE)
- We will develop a specific action plan for your business or nightmare.
- We will create business strategies to address your problems.
- We will develop a financial model of what your business will look like if you apply these strategies.
Step 3: Coaching Program (PAID)
- You will meet with your coach one-on-one, in person or by video conference.
- Sessions are 1 hr. every week during the planning phase.
- Sessions are 1 hr. every other week during the execution phase.
CONTACT MICHAEL KISSINGER TO HELP YOU- Phone: 650-515-7545
PART 7: Coaching-Consulting Helps You and Your Team Get What You Want
Each step you work through will have exponential growth, followed by a flattening off and slight decline before the next stage kicks in and propels you to the next level of profitability.
But when you have construction business coaching, you’ll get the roadmap to make sure each change of gear is as painless and seamless as possible.
Construction business coaching gives you the tools you need in order to increase your margins, lead your team, establish a strategic direction and systemize your building company. CONFIDENTIAL TESTIMONIALS – mksmasterkeycoaching.com
WE’LL HELP YOU IN YOUR OFFICE, ON THE JOB OR ONLINE WITH THESE COACHING PROGRAMS
- Personal Development Coaching
- Business and Management Coaching
- Financial Coaching
- Operational Coaching
- Performance and Productivity Coaching
- Legal Strategy Coaching
- Business Marketing Coaching
- Sales Coaching
- Human Resources Coaching
- Owner and Employee Self-Improvement Coaching
PART 8: OUR OBJECTIVE TO BE YOUR “GO TO” COACH-CONSULTANT-MENTOR-TRAINER
Our objective is to work with your company offering coaching or consulting services of the highest value based on a proven track record of “Hands-On-Performance”.
The key to the successful company is a business owner that spends more time and energy working ON the business, rather than IN it…
In order to grow your company, you need to spend more time on profit-generating activities, rather than meaningless tasks that just leave the wheels spinning in your business.
All professionals know this to be true, but the problem is they don’t know where to start.
There’s no doubt that you’ve heard of business coaching before – maybe you’ve even been coached yourself at some point in the past. But our business coaching is different…
- We don’t provide generic advice or solutions…
- It’s business coaching for owners and managers.
- We tailor our coaching to you building nightmares.
Meaning you don’t have to decipher through generic BS that doesn’t actually apply to your nightmare. Our proven coaching for your business is ready to deploy into your company immediately!
We’ve worked with hundreds of business across the United States. So you can rest assured that everything we offer has been tested by other businesses just like you and has been proven to work.
If you’re thinking that you’re already flat out with work and you just don’t have the time, you need this more than anyone.
It’s not about working longer hours.
Business coaching allows you to systemize your company so you can spend more of your time on profit-generating activities!
Now, we know what you’re thinking…
If you don’t increase your profits, you’ll be losing money with all those extra expenses…
But, here’s the thing.
Growth, unfortunately, is not linear.
In business, net profit follows what we call the S curve. Which means, in order to move forward, you’ll need to move slightly backward.
Think of it like changing gears in a race car – as you change gears, you lose a small piece of momentum, but you have to go through that to be able to take your speed to the next level.
It’s exactly the same in business!
PART 9: We Guaranteed Our Coaching Will Get the Results You Want
: We Guarantee to get results, and that you’ll be able to “Find our Fee” in your business within 17-weeks of our coaching your company, or your coaching is FREE.
Our coaching programs have been tested and proven across America, so when you hire us, you WILL get results. Even if you have done your part in good faith, have done all assignments, and have attended all coaching sessions, events, and workshops–but you’re still not satisfied or not seeing the results you want by the seventeenth week, we will coach you FREE until you get the results, no questions asked!
: We Guarantee to tell the truth about you and your business no matter how uncomfortable it may be, or how hard it is to share with you the realities of your business and the changes you need to make. When you hire us, you will have the “unreasonable friend” and the personal business mentor you and your business need to succeed. You will be accountable for everything you say you will do, and your business will get the push it needs so you can get the results you want.
: We Guarantee you a “business re-education” about how your business really works and how to successfully grow your company, as well as how to apply your new education and knowledge to any business situation. Your coach will guide you with proven systems and strategies that will allow you to make more profit whether you need more time, a better team, and more money.
You’ll be in the “driver’s seat” of your own business equipped with a “map” and a “license” to take it wherever you want to go with us by your side unlocking the potential of your company.
: We Guarantee complete confidentiality. Our Coaching relationship with you will involve trust and understanding about the nature of our strategy and of your business. We guarantee the privacy of our work together.
: We Guarantee a personalized approach to your business. Your business is unique, and since you are relying on our vast industry business experience, we guarantee a full disclosure of the programs we recommend to you. We shall meet your expectations with the desired outcomes and results.
: We Guarantee to show you how we define business success, and how to build a commercial, profitable enterprise that works with or without you. Even if you are an owner who loves business and who loves working “in” your business every day. We will show you how to build a company you can work “on” whether you show up every day or not. Regardless of your ultimate goals, you will learn the strategies, systems, and advantages of our definition of a successful business.
If you want to learn more about our coaching contact us now.
Reitenbach-Kissinger Success Institute
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-kissinger-a66b214/