Reitenbach-Kissinger Success Institute
Change Your Destiny
If someone were to ask you to rate your quality of life on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you answer?
More importantly, what aspects of your life would you be considering as you were selecting your rating?
If you’re unsure, you are not alone. There are many scholarly schools of thought regarding assessment of a person’s quality of life.
Consequently, there are many meanings for the term which can refer to attitudes across several domains, including health, physical functioning, the family environment, and more.
Today we offer you a “Life Success Assessment” that will help you learn more about your success, values, motivations, goals, your future and we will give you the tools to inspire a sense of meaning in your life.
Use Great Questions to Create the Clarity Needed for Your Success.
As we continue on our journey of growth in our lives, our careers, and relationships, it’s important to have a clear idea of where we are, where want to go and how we’re going to get there.
Of course, plans change and then change again as you get started, but it’s a worthwhile idea to have a plan as you’re getting started. Plans take ideas from abstract to reality. Here we have systematic approach to getting started.
3 STEPS TO LIFE SUCCESS
1. Assess where you are
2. Define where you want to be
3. Get there.
1. To Assess Where You Are, it’s helpful to think about:
– What’s working in your personal and professional life?
– What’s not working?
– What makes you happy?
– What do you most love doing?
– What do you avoid?
– What are you best at?
– What, if anything, makes you miserable?
– What are your strengths that you can leverage?
– What do you wish you could do better?
2. To Define Where You Want to Be: Think Internally
– Define your *gold standard* – for what you’d most like to be doing
– In the world
– What’s important to you – write down what you want:
– Work-life balance – how much and what for each
– Relationships you want to build – specify
– Values you want to support
– Accomplishments you want to achieve – with time frames
– Do you want to work for yourself or someone else?
– Do you want your work to be a job, a career, or a passion?
– If a passion – what are you passionate about?
– What gets you up in the morning (besides the alarm clock and coffee)
Rank these as to what most motivates you (or put others down) – for
why you might pick one work opportunity vs. another:
– Intellectual Stimulation
– Skill Development
– Giving Back
– Good Cause
– People – peers / management
– Corporate Culture
– Steppingstones to something better
– Steep Learning Curve
– Physical Challenges
– Ability to Manage Others
– Leadership Role
– Love the Subject (e.g., Passion / hobby)
What impact would you like to have / difference you want to make
– In the world
Who are potential mentors or people who inspire you – that you’d
like to emulate or get to know better?
– What trends (e.g., industry, health, values) resonate with you?
– What would you most like to accomplish, if you could do anything?
– Group them by theme.
– Rank them.
Start to Define what Success Means to You!
Review the above answers, and start focusing on what you most want
– Professional life
– Personal life
– Volunteer life
– Put a percentage next to each of these 3 – e.g.,
– 55% Professional
– 30% Personal
– 15% Volunteer
3. To Get There: Define 3 SMART Objectives* for each – your professional, personal and volunteer life.
Specific – what do you most want to improve or accomplish?
Measurable – how can you quantify when you’ve been successful at
– What indications are important to show you are meaningfully
accomplishing what you want?
Assignable – who is responsible for the different actions? Can
Realistic – do you have the bandwidth, resources (financial,
time, people) to make it happen?
– If not, consider simplifying that objective, or seeking
additional help / support to make it realistic. What do you
need to make it happen?
Timely – by when do you want to accomplish the different steps or
final objective / goal?
Create an Action Plan, based upon your SMART OBJECTIVES
– Include the who, what, why, when where and how for each objective
– Consider multiple strategies for each objective
For example, if you’re in your own business, and you want to *Become
More Profitable *(by x%, in Y time), strategies might include:
– Increase Sales by X%
– Sell more Z to current clients
– Loyalty program
– Referral incentives
– Usage campaign
– Increase awareness among new X type of clients
– PR in relevant media
– Meaningful sponsorships
– Expand geography into X
– Enter X new sales channels
– Improve Gross Profit Margin by X
– Reduce Cost of Goods Sold by X%
– Get multiple bids
– Source better
– Consider revising ratio of X to cost less
– Improve production efficiencies by ….
– Reduce labor by ….
– Take a Price Increase
Note: It’s easiest to break large tasks down, into smaller,
more easily doable next steps
– Make sure you’ve thought about your financial needs over time:
– What do you personally need to *live*?
– What would you like to *earn*?
– What what you like to *save*?
– What would you like to *donate*?
And that you have a budget for what you can spend, as well as goals
for what you need to earn to accomplish them.
What is Your Life Success?
You now have a visual snapshot of how satisfied you are in different areas of your life. Through reflection, you have now identified your biggest gaps between where you are now and where you would like to be.
Commit yourself to acting TODAY. What are the specific actions or steps that you are going to take to enhance your satisfaction in your desired area?
Write what you will do down on the same piece of paper that your desire is on. Keep your desire close by in a place that you can easily refer to on a daily basis.
Track your progress! This provides a snapshot in time of your satisfaction levels and ultimately happiness.
Complete the Assessment on a regular basis so you can easily track your progress. We recommend at least once every 6 months, depending on what your goals are and when you have aimed to achieve them.
How was your Life Success Asssessment? What sticks out for you? Is there anything that jumped out at you that you didn’t not realize in your life? Do you know what you need to do create balance or expand your Life Success? Share your thoughts and comments with us! We look forward to the conversation!
Sydney Reitenbach — Phone: 650-515-7545
Reitenbach-Kissinger Success Institute-MKS Master Key Coaching Systems
Phone: 650-515-7545 — Email: email@example.com
© Copyright 2021 – Reitenbach-Kissinger Success Institute– All Rights Reserved